Monday, November 17, 2008

Another silly article in the Mail

I do not know what other countries do when dignitaries visit their countries, but the US does not skimp on security, even if the dignitary has his own protection. Even if the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester left their PPOs at home, they would have been entitled to State department security here in the USA. Heads of State get Secret Service while other important dignitaries, such as members of royal families are entitled to State Department security.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1086138/Yards-cut-100m-protecting-Royals-abroad.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I worked at Churchill Downs in 2007 when Her Majesty came to the Derby, and you should have seen the secuirty. I could not even get the much wanted glimpse of the Queen. When she came in late in day (she only stayed for a few races) they closed all the doors where she came in, bringing her up a service elevator. Had I the fortune to be there at that time, I could have seen her, but I was trying my fortune elsewhere. And of course there were metal detectors and all. And of course the Secret Service had the room she was in guarded, so that I had not the fortune to see her at all, although I was within feet of her in the next balcony. Still an honour I daresay. I was closer than any ever get to be to Her Majesty. But you are right--security for the royal family here is very tight.